Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quiet

All is quiet for a change. No more poking every day, no more taking her to get looked at and measured every morning. The Jaundice has passed and we are trying to finally take it easy. As I write, my two babies are sleeping on the bed.
Yesterday we went to costco to get some supplies and I wore a sling with ALT against my chest. This woman stops and points at us and says "SUN!". That was all. Not, "Aw what a cute baby, she's a little jaundice isn't she?", or "Oh wow, are you getting her some sun for that color of her?". Nope, just "SUN!". I said, "excuse me?" Mostly because I thought she said "Son" and was pointing at me. She then says "You need to get that baby into the sun she's got Jaundice". To which I pretty much said "thanks" and my wife tried to say more to her about the fact that we have been... I swear some people.

No comments: